none
Protected Form not saving RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a .doc that consists of a protected form, where the user fills out the fields.  One of the fields has some VBA behind that brings up a Windows Form so the user can select from a list of Clients and then auto fill the respective fields (ie. Name, Address, etc.).

When the user goes to save the form the only text that gets saved is the text that has been auto populated through the VBA code.  The fields the user has filled out are empty.

The .doc is a Read-Only document, and forces the user to save the document with a new name (as I don't want them to modify the original).

I've also tried this with a .dot, but then my VBA code does not get transferred to the new document, and the added functionality through the VBA code is not there.

Any ideas of how to solve this??

I am using Word 2003.

Thanks!

Brian
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:33 PM

Answers

• If you want to send me the document, I will take a look at it.

Note however that if the template from which a document is created is available on a machine on which the document is opened, the macros that are in the template will be available for use with that document.

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Khabibulla" wrote in message news:0d6abf17-89db-4914-995c-aa2cc7376b0b@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi,

I've created a .doc that consists of a protected form, where the user fills out the fields.  One of the fields has some VBA behind that brings up a Windows Form so the user can select from a list of Clients and then auto fill the respective fields (ie. Name, Address, etc.).

When the user goes to save the form the only text that gets saved is the text that has been auto populated through the VBA code.  The fields the user has filled out are empty.

The .doc is a Read-Only document, and forces the user to save the document with a new name (as I don't want them to modify the original).

I've also tried this with a .dot, but then my VBA code does not get transferred to the new document, and the added functionality through the VBA code is not there.

Any ideas of how to solve this??

I am using Word 2003.

Thanks!

Brian

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:12 AM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:02 PM