How to debug app for office application in microsoft office excel 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a taske pane application and it executed under Microsoft excel 2013 environment. Next when i tried executing that the HTML page rendered in internet explorer. How do i come back to office environment and execute the app. This is a start up project and the start action property of the project is Microsoft excel. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Prapthi

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:50 PM

Answers

• Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. I resolved this issue.

Infact my problem was, I had five projects in one solution. Out of five one was "app for Office" project and I had set it as startup project. So when i tried to execute my task pane App in Microsoft excel it somehow didnt work.

After wasting so much of time on how to make it work on office environment, i finally came up with a solution and it worked like a charam. Here is the solution

In solution Explorer- Select the Solution--> Right Click--> Goto the Properties -->Under Common Properties select Startup Project --> select Multiple Startup projects

Please reffer the screenshot

Solution Properites Window

Hope this will help anyone who faces this issue.

Thanks,

Prapthi

• Marked as answer by Prapthi Gowda Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:37 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Prapthi - take a look at Module 2 here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/office/apps/fp123626

This is an overview, let us know if it helps, or not...

Cheers...pc

Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:22 AM
  • Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. I resolved this issue.

Infact my problem was, I had five projects in one solution. Out of five one was "app for Office" project and I had set it as startup project. So when i tried to execute my task pane App in Microsoft excel it somehow didnt work.

After wasting so much of time on how to make it work on office environment, i finally came up with a solution and it worked like a charam. Here is the solution

In solution Explorer- Select the Solution--> Right Click--> Goto the Properties -->Under Common Properties select Startup Project --> select Multiple Startup projects

Please reffer the screenshot

Solution Properites Window

Hope this will help anyone who faces this issue.

Thanks,

Prapthi

• Marked as answer by Prapthi Gowda Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:37 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:25 AM