none
How to automate -- routine manual steps to load the data file in UNIX environment? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Currently I am working on one project that has following issue, I want to automate this problem

1) We used to send a flat file data into some FTP location.
    2) Once we moved our flat data file to client's FTP location
    3) We have to manually log-in to their system and we have to provide uploaded file name (predefine file name with current date)
        Under the import file section of their system.
            3.1) they provide us one executable for remote terminal login
            3.2) one we run this .exe it will ask user name and password, once we supply this information
            3.3) it will display the screen like mainframe screen
                      1) Production
                      2) Test
                      3) Demo
                      4) Logout

enter your option.___

3.4) next it will show menu like…
                   1) View data
                  2) Maintenance
                  3) Reporting
                  4) Sign off
                  Enter your option____

Similarly we have to follow couple of predefine steps and finally we will provide our file name that we want to import into their database

4) Once we provide file name it will automatically import the file data into their system.

I wanted to automate step 3 and all sub steps (3.1,3.2...)
    They have Unix terminal where I used to logged in. Can I write some script to automate this step?

Highly appreciate your suggestions.

thanks,
    prashant

pbrathod
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Prashantr, thanks for your question.

This forum is for software developers who are using the Open Protocol Specification documentation to assist them in developing systems, services, and applications that are interoperable with Windows. The Open Protocol Specifications can be found at: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc203350.aspx.

Despite that, if I understood your request correctly, you will need to find an answer for your question with the owner of the proprietary system and/or some Unix forum.

Thanks and regards,

SEBASTIAN CANEVARI - MSFT Senior SEE Protocol Documentation Team
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:58 PM