none
App Certification Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I just submitted an app that failed the certification and below are the testers remarks

"The app does not appear to fully support touch input. Touch support in this app do not appear to work to our reviewers. Please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/Hh761498.aspx for some of the common interactions for keyboard, mouse and touch."

I have verified all the places and touch seem to work fine. Can someone please let me know what other issues can be there?

Moreover, is there a way to get in contact with the tester to get more detailed explanation to his comments

Monday, June 10, 2013 6:36 AM

Answers

• Hey Ibtesam,

Try launching your application in simulator, and check whether you can perform all the functionality of your app.(in touch mode and also using the 'on screen keyboard')

And you cannot contact the tester for any reason. Interaction is only through "Note to Tester" and "Note from Tester".

Pradeep AJ

• Edited by Pradeep AJ Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:47 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Pradeep AJ Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roberts_EModerator Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:18 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:41 AM

All replies

• Have you tested your App on another Windows 8 device with touch support, other than your development PC? For myself I found a few issues / bugs in the touch and scroll actions that I would not have picked up on.

Monday, June 10, 2013 8:47 PM
  • Hey Ibtesam,

Try launching your application in simulator, and check whether you can perform all the functionality of your app.(in touch mode and also using the 'on screen keyboard')

And you cannot contact the tester for any reason. Interaction is only through "Note to Tester" and "Note from Tester".

Pradeep AJ

• Edited by Pradeep AJ Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:47 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Pradeep AJ Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roberts_EModerator Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:18 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:41 AM