none
can not view the report using report viewer RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I added a page to exsisting web site. Then I used report viewer to show a report. But when I try to view it in the browser, I get the following error message.

Server Error in '/Website' Application.

The type CustomReportServerConnection, APP_CODE does not implement IReportServerConnection or could not be found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.InvalidConfigFileTypeException: The type CustomReportServerConnection, APP_CODE does not implement IReportServerConnection or could not be found

Source Error:

Line 272:            <asp:View ID="vwWARRatingChangeReport" runat="server">
    Line 273:                <aspanel ID="pnlWARRatingChangeReport" runat="server" Width="683px">
    Line 274:                    <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="rvWARRatingChageReport" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="8pt"
    Line 275:                        Height="100%" ProcessingMode="Remote" Width="100%">
    Line 276:                        <ServerReport ReportPath="/CRMReportsQA/ORA/WARRatingsChange" ReportServerUrl="http://wiismab00035038:8095/Reportserver" />

Source File: c:\Dev Environment\Website\Applications\ORA\PDCRD.aspx    Line: 274

Stack Trace:

But I created another website using visaul studio in my local machine and then used report viewer to disaply the same report. Its in server mode same as earlier. This one can be viewed without any trouble.

I'm not familiar with ASP.NET thing. Can anyone help me to resolve this one?

Thanks

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Your error says "InvalidConfigFileTypeException", so it's probably something missing from your web.config in the existing app.

Compare the two web app's web.config files and you will probably see what is missing.

I am going to guess that c:\Dev Environment\Website\Applications\ORA\PDCRD.aspx has a line like this at the top:

Code Snippet

<%@ Register Assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"  Namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" TagPrefix="rsweb" %>

... and that your web.config is missing a line like this in the httpHandlers section:

Code Snippet

<add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>

... or something similar.

>L<

Monday, March 24, 2008 12:30 AM
  •  

Thanks

Actualy I had to add code for credential and now it works.

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:24 PM