none
Installing the Word Add in on Word 2016 - Windows 10 Operating System RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying install the add-in on Word 2016.I choose the Insert->Add-ins. When I click dropdown, it does not show my add-in there. Hence i click on See All. It opens the Office Add-ins popup.in My Organization tab, i did not see my Add-in or I did not see an option to browse and upload my Add in. Can you please suggest me if I need to place it any directory under Office packages before I try to upload it. I saw the documentation for Mac, and it's suggested for Mac that we need to place the app manifest file under Documents/wef  directory. Is it something we need to do it for Windows also. If so, can someone let me know the process and the path where to upload it with detailed steps. 

Thank you.

Monday, December 12, 2016 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hi DevSN,

First of all I want to confirm with you what kind of addin you are talking about?

there are 3 kind of addin that we can create.

(1) VSTO Addin

(2) Office Addin (App for Office)

(3) Save the word file as an Addin

here I assume that you are trying install Office Addin.

• so I want to know how you try to deploy the addin?
    • Did you upload your addin to Office store and from there you want to install?
    • or you create a setup of the addin and want to install it ?

you had mentioned that," i did not see my Add-in or I did not see an option to browse and upload my Add in. Can you please suggest me if I need to place it any directory under Office packages before I try to upload it. "

I am not sure what you want to do here. you want to upload your addin to Office store or you want to deploy your addin on Word 2016?

again I assume that you want to upload your addin to Office Store.

so you need the approval for your addin. please visit the link mentioned below.

Submit Office and SharePoint Add-ins and Office 365 web apps to the Office Store

Below is third party documentation link.

Publishing Office add-ins to the Office Store

How to publish apps to Office Store

Follow the steps mentioned in the link to upload your addin to Office store.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 12:48 AM