The process cannot access RRS feed

• Question

• User746671234 posted

While Build the project or when I publish it I get the following error :

Error    1    Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_ghcqq5pc, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)       

But if I try for 1-2 more times it goes off and project get build successfully.  Can anyone sort this.?

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:26 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi ravininave

Here are some good suggestions that might help, please try on your side.

• Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 
    • Closing Older IIS Instances - Stop your existing application and ensure that you don't have any additional IIS processes or instances of your local Web Server running.
    • Consider Restarting Visual Studio - If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine)
    • Proper Project Targeting - If you are dealing with multiple Projects, ensure that the Project that you have a breakpoint in is actually running (Right-click your Solution > Set Startup Projects... > Ensure your current Project is selected).

First you could try the hints above, at the same time it's also recommended to create a simple app in your Visual Studio, and check whether it works fine in it. Or you could consider repairing your VS.  

If you still have same issue, please let me know.

Best regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:50 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:23 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi ravininave

Here are some good suggestions that might help, please try on your side.

• Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 
    • Closing Older IIS Instances - Stop your existing application and ensure that you don't have any additional IIS processes or instances of your local Web Server running.
    • Consider Restarting Visual Studio - If these issues are still persisting after the above steps, try restarting Visual Studio (and even your local machine)
    • Proper Project Targeting - If you are dealing with multiple Projects, ensure that the Project that you have a breakpoint in is actually running (Right-click your Solution > Set Startup Projects... > Ensure your current Project is selected).

First you could try the hints above, at the same time it's also recommended to create a simple app in your Visual Studio, and check whether it works fine in it. Or you could consider repairing your VS.  

If you still have same issue, please let me know.

Best regards

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:50 PM