How to prevent controls from refreshing when switching tabs. Silverlight clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Telerik ReportViewer working good in a Lightswitch 2012 application, the Silverlight flavor desktop and web.

The problem is that when switching tabs the ReportViewer is "refreshed" and it triggers the recalculation of the report, which takes a while to complete.

I think it is a normal behavior in LS as I tested it by placing a web browser control in another tab and does exactly the same when switching back; it reloads the page.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening on certain controls?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel 

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 12:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Miguel,

Interestingly, the report control has a parameters section for the user to customize and when switching back, it "remembers" its state because it does not revert back to default values. Instead, the control uses the previously set values and recalculates everything else. This is why I believe there should be an event to attach to

For this issue, you could consider consult Telerik expert in Telerik forum, and check whether we can do that.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, December 16, 2014 1:59 AM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Miguel,

Welcome to LightSwitch forum.

>>when switching tabs the ReportViewer is "refreshed" and it triggers the recalculation of the report, which takes a while to complete. 

If it doesn't refresh it when we switch tabs the ReportViewer, we need refresh it manually.

For this issue, I think this is "by design", and it takes some time to load the page.

Best Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, December 8, 2014 7:27 AM
  • Hi Angie,

I wonder if there is a way to prevent the Report Viewer control from recalculating the report when the users switches back to the Lightswitch Tab where the control is located.

I suppose there should an event or property that can be used to cancel the recalculation.

Interestingly, the report control has a parameters section for the user to customize and when switching back, it "remembers" its state because it does not revert back to default values. Instead, the control uses the previously set values and recalculates everything else. This is why I believe there should be an event to attach to.

Thanks

Monday, December 8, 2014 9:46 PM
  • Hi Miguel,

Interestingly, the report control has a parameters section for the user to customize and when switching back, it "remembers" its state because it does not revert back to default values. Instead, the control uses the previously set values and recalculates everything else. This is why I believe there should be an event to attach to

For this issue, you could consider consult Telerik expert in Telerik forum, and check whether we can do that.

Best regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, December 16, 2014 1:59 AM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:48 AM