none
Get data movement detection. from ground to up to 20 cms only. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone .

I´m having troubles lately to get data from Depth and rgb camera but i can only get data from floor to up 15 to 20 cms from ground.

Is this possible?

How should i do this?

Could anyone help me cause im stuck.thank you 

• Edited by erloic Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:22 AM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:00 AM

All replies

• i mean "i MUST only get data from floor to up 15 to 20 cms from ground".

Hope someone cna guide me here.

Thank you .

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:03 AM
  • you could put your kinect 15 cm over the ground ^^
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:10 AM
  • I need to detect child movements,  the kinect is at 2 meters from ground.

The point of doing this is because  skeleton traking is not accurate from above heads.

"MUST only get data from floor to up 15 to 20 cms from ground".

Any help or useful approach.

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:20 AM
  • eh, well, if you only want to recognize the skeleton of

a child, you could measure the height of the skeleton, and

if it is the range of the childs height, it is the skeleton of a child.

You should see if the kinect has problems to recognize

to little persons ( childs). I think there is a range for skeletal

recognition , maybe 1.0 m or 44 inches at least.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:01 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

Exactly thats the second reason why i want to detect only movements and no tracking players.

Kinect is above players head.So the skeleton tracking is not needed nor possible.

Just want to detect any type of movement even thow its a chair or a mop( from 0 cms( floor) to 15 to 20 cms from floor .)

Any help will be of great help.

thank you in advance.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:25 AM
  • The minimum tracking range starts at 400mm. So you can assume a minimum height of 40cm is going to be required to start detecting depth values at that plane.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh973078.aspx#Depth_Ranges

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:09 PM
  • Hi everyone,

It seems like no one has undestood my question nor my awnsers.

Imagine i have a 3 by 3 square platform; on top of it ,The kinect sensor.

Kinect is at 2 meters from ground.The kinect is vertically pointing to the ground.

If you put your self in the exact midlle of the  square the kinect won t be able to capture  your feet because your body will be interfering .

But if you go anywere else on that square the kinect should be able to get the  depth data from ground to up to 15 to 20 cms from ground.

Now my question is How do i get  depth data having in mind that i just need to get deth data from ground to up to 15 to 20 cms from ground.

Please anyhelp I m stuck.

Thank you

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:00 AM
  • You will not get depth data for an object that is out of range, obstructed by another object, or falls in the IR shadow as a result of how the angles. Depth is generated by mapping the IR pattern that is reflected back to the sensor.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/74ff175a-291f-445d-ab55-09d2af7cfd4c/why-did-my-kinect-sensor-show-such-a-double-image

You can use the Infrared Sample to see how the pattern is mapped to see if there is IR data in the range where your object is. Keep in mind, mounting a camera facing straight down will not generate skeletal data. You will need to move the camera at a different angle or setup multiple cameras and iterate between them to get a full view of the area you are looking at.

Monday, June 24, 2013 9:00 PM
  • Hello, I need to know if an object is within a depth range to make it more accurate that range is the length of the object ...
    I'm not limited to a minimum or maximum distance in which I can have the "Kinect" to the ground, but would look for where this has greater accuracy, since the range is 40 millimeters.
    Then would treat with opencv image as the background is always the same.
    can someone help me to be able to read in a given range?
    thanks

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/302281

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:21 PM
  • the link is a image to understand

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:27 PM