none
20 Server stopped syncing at same time RRS feed

• Question

• We had all our ASR VM's stop syncing on Saturday.  I can't start them backup without it instantly failing.  I can't add any new ones either.  I can remove them fine though. We do go through VMM instead of Hyper-V hosts, we know that this is going away.  Our firewall appears not to be the cause as far as we can figure out.  Nothing is getting blocked and even stopped it from scanning traffic. 

One Hyper-V Host we get this error while trying to enable ASR

Event ID 1001 System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: value
       at System.Boolean.Parse(String value)
       at FabricAdapter.Settings.get_AuthSettings()
       at Dra.RegistrationInfo.Validate(Dra dra)
       at Dra.Dra.Initialize(IDraFabricAdapter fabricAdapter)
       at Dra.DraFactory.CreateInstance(IDraFabricAdapter fabricAdapter)
       at DraService.HostingService.DeferredStart(Boolean debugStart)

Event ID 33692 Replication provider failed with error code 0x8079FFFF when processing the replication request for virtual machine 

Event ID 16000 - The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service encountered an unexpected error: Provider is not capable of the attempted operation (0x80041024).

Existing Sync VM - Host errors

Replication operation for virtual machine 'Server1' failed.  (Error Code '80790025')

Monday, January 20, 2020 6:10 PM

Answers

• It turns out the ASR Certificate expired. Wish there was some kind of notification in the portal about this...  I used the renew certificate button on the Azure portal under our VMM server and it updated the certs on everything for us.  
    • Marked as answer by jkabaseball Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:57 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:56 PM

All replies

• 1.Ensure TLS is enabled, If it is enabled and issue still persist,
    2. Disable protection, re-run cspsconfig and register the CS. Enable replication.
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 7:18 AM
  • It turns out the ASR Certificate expired. Wish there was some kind of notification in the portal about this...  I used the renew certificate button on the Azure portal under our VMM server and it updated the certs on everything for us.  
    • Marked as answer by jkabaseball Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:57 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 1:56 PM
  • Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it is resolved :) 
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 2:23 PM