How to make a Subscription available for purchase only from within the app? RRS feed

• Question

• OK, this is more of a "please confirm if I'm doing it right" than a question of how to do it.

So, I have an app, I want to offer a monthly subscription that can only be viewed and purchased from withing the app. Can someone from MSFT confirm that I selected the correct options? To me it seems pretty clear that I did, but I'd rather ask a 5 min question than spend hours later not knowing that's going on.

Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:43 PM

Answers

• Hi VenomCLC,

> I want to offer a monthly subscription that can only be viewed and purchased from withing the app. 

Add-ons are supplementary items for the app that can be purchased by customers and it also sometimes called in-app purchase. So if it is purchased by users, it must be purchased from withing the app.

It's a better way to choose the option:Can be displayed in the parent product’s Store listing if the app is broadly available.Use the option (Available for purchase from within the parent product only) only when the offer is not broadly available, for example during initial periods of internal testing. Please refer to Visibility for more details.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 21, 2018 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi VenomCLC,

> I want to offer a monthly subscription that can only be viewed and purchased from withing the app. 

Add-ons are supplementary items for the app that can be purchased by customers and it also sometimes called in-app purchase. So if it is purchased by users, it must be purchased from withing the app.

It's a better way to choose the option:Can be displayed in the parent product’s Store listing if the app is broadly available.Use the option (Available for purchase from within the parent product only) only when the offer is not broadly available, for example during initial periods of internal testing. Please refer to Visibility for more details.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 21, 2018 7:32 AM
  • Thanks, I marked it as "Can be displayed [...]". I don't see any visual difference tough, like, the subscription is not "displayed in the parent product's store listing". These namings are still confusing....but I'll leave it on this setting as you suggested.
    Sunday, December 23, 2018 4:03 PM