none
Trackbar message codes

Question

• VS2015 compiler throws the following errors. 
    Severity Code Description Project File Line 
    Error C2065 'TBM_SETPAGESIZE': undeclared identif
    Error C2065 'TBM_SETPOS': undeclared identifier T
    Error C2065 'TBM_SETRANGE': undeclared identifier
    Error C2065 'TBM_SETSEL': undeclared identifier T
    Error C2065 'TBM_SETTICFREQ': undeclared identifi
    Error C2065 'TBS_AUTOTICKS': undeclared identifie
    Error C2065 'TBS_ENABLESELRANGE': undeclared iden
    Error C2065 'TRACKBAR_CLASS': undeclared identifi
    Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'clasSelect

The same code compiles successfully under VS2010. 
    In other words VS2010 recognizes these symbols, and VS2015 does not. 

Why is that? Perhaps Microsoft considers such product-to-product inconsistencies to be a "product improvement". I do not. 

In what header file might these symbols be defined?

True to form, none of the so-called "help" resources from Microsoft provides any useful information on this subject. 

Can any of my fellow victims of Microsoft incompetence help me with this?

I thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

rwh

Friday, December 04, 2015 8:11 AM

Answers

• These symbols are defined in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include\CommCtrl.h as offsets from WM_USER (or WM_APP).   

Apparently, VS 2010 includes this beast somewhere in the entrails of windows.h and VS 2015 does not.  However, I didn't have the stomach to verify this.  

In any event, my solution to the problem was to create my own generic include file(s) incorporating only those constant definitions that I need.  Hackeyed, but it works.  

rwh

Friday, December 04, 2015 9:11 AM

All replies

• These symbols are defined in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Include\CommCtrl.h as offsets from WM_USER (or WM_APP).   

Apparently, VS 2010 includes this beast somewhere in the entrails of windows.h and VS 2015 does not.  However, I didn't have the stomach to verify this.  

In any event, my solution to the problem was to create my own generic include file(s) incorporating only those constant definitions that I need.  Hackeyed, but it works.  

rwh

Friday, December 04, 2015 9:11 AM
  • Glad to know that you have resolved this issue, thanks for sharing your solution here.

Have a nice day,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 07, 2015 4:33 AM