Parameter positioning within a SSRS Report RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way that I can position parameters within a SSRS Report?

In Microsoft Visual Studio, I can click and drag the Parameter to where it looks good. Like...

Parameter 1                Parameter 2                 Parameter 3

However when I deploy the report to Report Manager Portal, the positioning I set in Microsoft Visual Studio does not seem to take effect and the Parameters appear as...

Parameter 1                Parameter 2 

Parameter 3

Is there any way to render the report to Report Manager Portal and leave the Parameters in the order I'd prefer?

Thanks for your review and am hopeful for a reply.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Which Version of SSRS are you using? Parameter Arrangement is supported since Version 2016, in previous Versions it's not possible / not supported.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:34 PM
  • Ahhhhh I think I just found this in a Google search while awaiting a reply. So I guess Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015 allows you to move Parameters around. 

And remotely I can see that we seem to be running Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

So I guess that would explain it then.

Thanks for your timely reply.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:44 PM
  • Ahhhhh I think I just found this in a Google search while awaiting a reply. So I guess Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015 allows you to move Parameters around. 

And remotely I can see that we seem to be running Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

So I guess that would explain it then.

Thanks for your timely reply.

Yes

SSRS 2016 version is the version fo report manager which supports positioning

2014 doesnt support

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:51 PM