none
Custom Master Page, Access denied even though the user have full control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a publishing site (SharePoint 2010)and I deployed a custom master page. I checked in the file, publish it and also approve it. The permission for the master page is Inheriting from the Parent, which provide Full Control for few groups and at least read permission for all authenticated users. The master page is working fine when a Site Collection Admin is accessing it, but all other users are getting Access denied error even though some of them have full Control.

I am certain my Custom Master page is the evil because when I am using any Out of the box master page it is working as expected. Any help regarding this would be much appreciated.

Thanks 
    Arif
    Friday, June 7, 2013 7:23 AM

All replies

• It's normally publishing, approval or permissions.

Double check that the file is checked in and published on the site collection.

You're not using an absolute URL for the master page and referencing another site collection or a random location outside SharePoint are you?

Do the users get login prompts or does it just curl up and die?
    Friday, June 7, 2013 7:37 AM
  • Thank you for your quick response.  I confirmed all the points you mentioned still no luck.
    Users gets log in prompt.

Arif

• Edited by Arif SS Friday, June 7, 2013 7:45 AM
    Friday, June 7, 2013 7:42 AM