none
Target framework problems in VS2017 community RRS feed

• Question

• I don't really get why, since VS2017, there are so many referencing problems.

I started my first project in VS2017, created a WPF-app and a class library (framework), the app references the library, and when I ran it, I got an error that I referenced the wrong framework. I changed it (something I have never needed to do in 8 years using .NET), and it worked.

I add a class in my library that uses sockets and again something I never had before:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException occurred
      HResult=0x80070002
      Message=Could not load file or assembly 'System.Net.Sockets, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.

How do I fix this?

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Lioth2,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, could you provide more details? 

Some code which could reproduce the error would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:38 AM
  • Hi Lioth2,

Any update? More details would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 24, 2017 3:26 PM