ODBC Drivers in Wnidows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• HOW DO I CONFIGURE ODBC CONNECTION IN WINDOWS 7????

I am building J2EE  application where i have used a access database using system DSN.while connecting inside servlet,it shows "

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"

From Articles i came to know about configuring ODBC administrator to odbcad32.exe under %WINDIR%\SYSWOW64...I tried this under properties tab of ODBC in control panel...

But The error is still coming as

beanjava.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Guide me..THANKS

Friday, April 2, 2010 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, I think both your application and Windows 7 are 64-bit, right?

If so, the error is caused by that there is no 64-bit ODBC drivers for Access, please refer to another similar thread:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/thread/be8c0ad4-d8fd-48e0-9026-b95d84135820

Or you may change your application to 32-bit.

Since your problem is not relevant to SQL Server, I would suggest you post your issues in Office forums.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Dan Benediktson Friday, April 9, 2010 4:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by KJian_ Monday, April 12, 2010 5:39 AM
    Monday, April 5, 2010 7:21 AM
  • Is your application 32-bit or 64-bit?
    If it is 64-bit, could you install the 64-bit ACE ODBC driver for Office 2010 Beta and try again?

Thanks,
    Ming.
    WDAC Team, Microsoft.

Pak-Ming Cheung - MSFT
    • Proposed as answer by Dan Benediktson Friday, April 9, 2010 4:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by KJian_ Monday, April 12, 2010 5:39 AM
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 2:52 PM
    Answerer

All replies