none
Memory consumption of particular service hold by SVCHOST.EXE | Performance counter to find the exact service which consumed high memory in svchost.exe process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I would like to know any feasibility to configure the performance counter of different services holding by SVCHOST.EXE process.

In other way,

There are number of svchost.exe processes are running on one of server and i have scheduled performance counter on it to look into the history of performance. Few days back, we have received am email from customer to share the statistics of memory utilization for one particular day. While checked, I have found that svchost#3.exe was consuming high memory.

As we know, SVCHOST.EXE process holding number of services. So my question here is to know if we can find the name of exact service which was consuming high memory for that particular time in SVCHOST#3.EXE process ?

Thanks In Advance.

Jatinder Kumar

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You cannot go back in time and identify this. However, for future you can try getting the Information about which Service is utilizing the Memory by using script from https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Find-Running-Under-the-c06d51cb

• Proposed as answer by Sirbuland Khan Monday, September 5, 2016 9:52 PM
    Monday, September 5, 2016 8:51 PM