Enterprise Library 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• User457850011 posted

I have a asp.net web site which has been configured to use Enterprise Library 5.0 for logging. Everything works fine but when I convert the web site to asp.net web application with five different projects and added the Enterprise Library 5.0 to the start page web config file the logging doesn't work at all. Any thing I am doing wrong help please.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:25 AM

Answers

• User-742633084 posted

Hi denkyira,

As for the "not work", is it simply not producing the log output or raising some error when the application start running? Since you convert the web site application to ASP.NET web project application, it is possible that the application block related configuration (in web.config file) has changed somewhere. You can try comparing the web.config file (of the original web site) with the one in the new web application project to see if there is any obvious difference.

In addition, since you use logging app block to write log data to disk file, you can use process monitor tool to watch the file system to see if there is any file access related error when the new converted ASP.NET web application is running.

#Process Monitor v3.03 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 25, 2012 2:03 AM