XNA Chatroom RRS feed

• General discussion

• I personally put up a XNA chatroom to build a community that is already here and to better get to know each other. If you want to quickly inform somebody or get some information or help with something go there. The only problem for me right now is getting idlers in the channel. I know forums are a great way to help people, but sometimes just talking to each other about things like this is even better. Come and idle and help build a community even bigger and also build a place to help each other out. Its XNA Development, its for us. (That would be a sexy slogan).

Server: irc.opa-ages.com
    Channel: #XNA

You can use mIRC or any IRC clients in order to get to the chat.
    Friday, September 8, 2006 3:42 AM

All replies

• .. Or you could just come join the growing #mdxinfo (or, #xnainfo.. same people though) on irc.afternet.org. Why stay separated? :)
    Friday, September 8, 2006 8:51 AM
  • The afternet server seems like the best place.
    Friday, September 8, 2006 10:23 AM
  • Yeah, we have alot of people in the Afternet channel now.
    Friday, September 8, 2006 12:07 PM
  • I had considered doing the same for my site, but I know a lot of people who would like to join might be limited by ports being unopened on their company's firewall.  Is there a web client that you can add that doens't require port 6667 for example?

Mark

Friday, September 8, 2006 12:17 PM
  • The Afternet channel #mdxinfo has a java client available. We are on the same irc network as Gamedev by the way, so you can find like minded individuals all over. The java chat can be used from the MDXInfo website, or http://www.mdxinfo.com/about/community.php .
    Friday, September 8, 2006 12:33 PM
  • Yes, it would be preferable not to dilute the IRC help any more than it is already.
    With a more consolidated usergroup people are more likely to get help in a timely manner.

We're at 18 people in #mdxinfo right now, and 9 in #xnainfo

Friday, September 8, 2006 12:46 PM
  • A note to people new to IRC.
    When you go in, wait around for a few minutes. People have lives (some do anway) and don't spend every minute watching the channel.
    If you need help, just ask your question and wait awhile.  If nobody answers, try typing their name in a sentence.  Saying their name will generally alert their IRC client.

Friday, September 8, 2006 12:54 PM
  • I think it's a good idea to populate many channels. The more people there are, the more help people will get help.

So, drop into irc.opa-ages.com #xna too.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:01 AM
  •  X-Tatic wrote:

I think it's a good idea to populate many channels. The more people there are, the more help people will get.

You don't magically get more people just because you start new channels...

Sunday, September 10, 2006 1:10 PM
  •  X-Tatic wrote:

I think it's a good idea to populate many channels. The more people there are, the more help people will get.

So when you create an IRC channel, you also create people? In that case, everyone create an IRC channel and we will at least double the XNA community!

Seriously though, we really don't need more than one general XNA channel. If you want to create a channel focused on one specific aspect of XNA, that's fine, but even then please consider creating it on AfterNET so we don't have to connect to more than one IRC server.

#mdxinfo on AfterNET is clearly the most popular general XNA channel, so can we all please stick to it and get back to making games...
    Sunday, September 10, 2006 1:55 PM
  • Sorry, a typo, I missed 'help' off the end.
    Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:40 PM