Greenplum to SQL Server 2012 Data Migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  

I am looking for some documentation or process on data migration from Greenplum to sql server 2012 Migration . To my knowledge GreenPlum supports only ODBC & JDBC Connection . 

If any information on migration process can you please provide your inputs . 

-----------------------

Regards, Suhas V

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:46 AM

Answers

• @SuhasVallala, do you have SQL 2012 SSIS, if so then perhaps you can use the "Import and Export Data" SSIS tool with source ODBC connection to Greenplum and SQL 2012 destination to migrate the data.

SOTATS, Inc.

• Marked as answer by Suhas Vallala Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:03 PM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:10 AM

All replies

• @SuhasVallala, do you have SQL 2012 SSIS, if so then perhaps you can use the "Import and Export Data" SSIS tool with source ODBC connection to Greenplum and SQL 2012 destination to migrate the data.

SOTATS, Inc.

• Marked as answer by Suhas Vallala Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:03 PM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:10 AM
  • Thank You Ulysses . From migration prospect i am clear . 

I do have one more question ..  Is it possible to connect to a Greenplum database using Management Studio ? To my knowledge we can access the postgresQL data from SQL server in efficient manner using linked server and postgresQL ODBC . Will the similar approach work ?

-------------------------------------------------
    Regards,Suhas V

• Marked as answer by Suhas Vallala Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Suhas Vallala Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:03 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 6:19 PM
  • No, Management Studio only connects to SQL Servers, no other RDBMS.
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 6:24 PM
  • Sorryfor the confusion i didnot put the question in right way .
    I mean to say can use Linked server and postgresQL ODBC and then access the data from SSMS . 

Following is the article i am refering to . 
    https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3662/sql-server-and-postgresql-linked-server-configuration--part-2/

--------------------------------------

Regards,Suhas V

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 7:12 PM
  • Besides connecting from SQL Server or its components like SSIS to Greenplum, Greenplum also supports JDBC connections to SQL Server. So it is possible to export data from Greenplum to SQL Server using PXF framework as well

SQL Server, SQL Server 2012 Denali and T-SQL Tutorials

Friday, January 3, 2020 7:57 PM