none
VS 2015 Build VC++ Project on each run

Question

• Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition Update 3, VC++ MFC project, Windows 7 Pro SP1.

I added a bitmap to my VC++ MFC project using the resource editor. The bitmap had ID IDB_BITMAP3 and the related file bitmap3.bmp in

res folder of the project.

Later I deleted this resource by deleting the IDB_BITMAP3 in the Bitmap node of the resource editor. I also deleted the file bitmap3.bmp out of the project,

in Windows Explorer.

After that before each run  the VS builds the project, even in no changes were made. The standalone build never shows 'Project is up to date."

Diagnostic build shows the reason of building as "No file bitmap3.bmp is found." The build ends with success and all works just fine.

If I add the .bmp file into res folder and name it "bitmap3.bmp", the build is performing only after changes in headers and source files.

My question is: why the VS continues to look for a file in res folder that is not connected to any resource,  and how to fix it?

Thank you.

• Edited by Geoyar Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:55 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:55 AM

Answers

• Probably a reference to non-existing bitmap file is still present in the Solution Explorer window. Remove it too. Use Solution Explorer instead of Windows Explorer to delete or exclude a file.

• Marked as answer by Geoyar Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:31 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:53 AM

All replies

• Probably a reference to non-existing bitmap file is still present in the Solution Explorer window. Remove it too. Use Solution Explorer instead of Windows Explorer to delete or exclude a file.

• Marked as answer by Geoyar Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:31 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:53 AM
  • Thank you.

Indeed, this bitmap is in Solution Explorer.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:33 PM