none
please set registry key for .NetFramework RRS feed

• Question

• acstart16.exe - .Net Framework Initialization Error

Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\>netFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 10:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Seems that .NET Framework is not installed on the computer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316091

------------
    StarWind Software developer ( http://www.starwindsoftware.com )
    • Proposed as answer by Paul Svirin Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:37 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:31 PM
  • This KB316091 not found
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:02 AM
  • I have this same issue.

.Net Install?  
    I have many! One of each.  One for all.

I get the "Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\>netFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location." error whenever I try and run software on the CD's that hospitals send to each other with DICOM (Radio-graphic) studies on them. Doesn't matter the program- its a .NET program.

The Registry key referenced, its correct

ALSO, the one NOT mentioned- is also correct: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot = C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\>netFramework\InstallRoot= C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\

I see many people with this problem.  No one with solutions.  

I have the following .NET assemblies: v1, v2.0.50727, v3.0 v4.0.30319 v3.5, v4.5, v4.5.25000, v4.7.2 and others.  I have Visual Studio, and the Windows SDK installed which come with some too, including the SDK versions (and may be  a source of the problem, since people without Visual Studio in my office --aka everyone else- have no issues"

• Edited by A Timmons MD Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:31 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 12:29 AM
  • same problem here!!!

cant find the solution anywhere!

i bought a new laptop and a software i had running on the old one just wont work on the new one.

the old one had windows 10, but i didnt have this problem!

help!!!

Sunday, October 14, 2018 5:47 PM
  • Exact same problem were you able to solved it?
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:06 PM