none
Sharepoint webpart

Question

• I have sp2015 community edition it doesnt seem to have the sp2013 templates nor can I get them via NuGet ...how do i write sharepoint webparts? Do i need to buy VS 2015 Pro or Enterprise ?
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hi robMerritt,

I'm using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise in my first rely.

I also check my Visual Studio 2015 Community, I found I also can't create SharePoint project and I don't find the Microsoft Office Developer Tools in the setup.

Then I download the Microsoft Office Developer Tools from below link and install it. Now I can create SharePoint project. Please install the tools from below link.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/features/office-tools-vs.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi robMerritt,

Does the sp2015 Community that you mentioned means Visual Studio 2015 Community?

Please check whether you have installed Microsoft Office Developer Tools for your Visual Studio 2015. Please open Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio 2015 -> Change -> Modify and then check whether the Microsoft Office Developer Tools has been checked.

If installed, please try restore project templates for your Visual Studio 2015 with command "devenv /installvstemplates".

If the problem still exist, please try repair your Visual Studio to check whether there has any problems on the installation.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:58 AM
  • Hi WeiWei here is what I see even if I do the devenv /installvstemplates first

this is VS community 2015 are you using professional?

• Edited by robMerritt Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:07 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:57 PM
  • Hi robMerritt,

I'm using Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise in my first rely.

I also check my Visual Studio 2015 Community, I found I also can't create SharePoint project and I don't find the Microsoft Office Developer Tools in the setup.

Then I download the Microsoft Office Developer Tools from below link and install it. Now I can create SharePoint project. Please install the tools from below link.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/features/office-tools-vs.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:54 AM
  • Hey great!

that worked i have a bunch of sharepoint options now!

Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:32 PM