none
Warning EDIAS2Config] Failed to rollback BizTalk application Failed to execute SQL script RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I wander, could anyone help with the following problem ?

I'm trying to configure EDI/AS2 on a server that has been unconfigured. 

All the features are already configured  (Green icons next to each feature Enterprise SSO, Group, BizTalk Runtime etc..)

The last thing is BizTalk EDI/AS2 and it want configure. 

It fails with errors:

Failed to execute SQL script at D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\Schema\pamtables.sql

Exception Message="Failed to execute SQL statement

Message: CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'BizTalkMgmtDb'

Please advice 

Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6o6kdd3pes8xwq/edierrors.txt?dl=0

Faults extracted from the main log file:

[2015-10-16 16:45:51:0714 Error EDIAS2Config] Failed to configure feature. (Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.EDIAS2.EDIAS2Config)
    Failed to execute SQL script at D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\Schema\pamtables.sql. (Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.ManagedConfigFrameworkHelper.ConfigHelper)
    Failed to execute SQL statement. (Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.ManagedConfigFrameworkHelper.SQLHelper)
    [2015-10-16 16:45:57:0689 Warning EDIAS2Config] Failed to rollback base artifacts assembly.
    [2015-10-16 16:45:57:0704 Warning EDIAS2Config] <Exception Message="Failed to remove a resource from a BizTalk application using BtsTask.exe." Source="Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.EDIAS2.Utility" HelpID="StrFailedBtsTaskRemoveResource"><Exception Message="Failed to execute process: D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\btstask.exe." Source="Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.EDIAS2.Utility" HelpID="StrFailedToExecuteProcess"><Exception Message="Microsoft (R) BizTalk Application Deployment Utility Version 3.11.158.0&#xD;&#xA;Copyright (c) 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;Error: Application 'BizTalk EDI Application' not found in configuration database.&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;Command failed with 1 errors, 0 warnings.&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;" Source="Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.EDIAS2.Utility" HelpID="StrFailedToExecuteProcess" /></Exception></Exception>
    [2015-10-16 16:46:00:0871 Warning EDIAS2Config] Failed to rollback BizTalk application.
    [2015-10-16 16:46:00:0871 Warning EDIAS2Config] <Exception Message="Failed to remove a BizTalk application using BtsTask.exe." Source="Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.EDIAS2.Utility" HelpID="StrFailedBtsTaskRemoveApp"><Exception Message="Failed to execute process: D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\btstask.exe." Source="Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.EDIAS2.Utility" HelpID="StrFailedToExecuteProcess"><Exception Message="Microsoft (R) BizTalk Application Deployment Utility Version 3.11.158.0&#xD;&#xA;Copyright (c) 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;Information: Removing application 'BizTalk EDI Application' from BizTalk configuration database (server='MySERVERSQL10\SQL2012', database='BizTalkMgmtDb')...&#xD;&#xA;Error: Application 'BizTalk EDI Application' not found in configuration database.&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;Command failed with 1 errors, 0 warnings.&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;" Source="Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.EDIAS2.Utility" HelpID="StrFailedToExecuteProcess" /></Exception></Exception>
    [2015-10-16 16:46:01:0012 Error Configuration Framework]Feature: [BizTalk EDI/AS2 Runtime] Failed to configure with error message [<Exception Message="Failed to configure feature." Source="Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.EDIAS2.EDIAS2Config" HelpID="StrFailedToConfigFeature"><Exception Message="Failed to execute SQL script at D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\Schema\pamtables.sql." Source="Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.ManagedConfigFrameworkHelper.ConfigHelper" HelpID="StrFailedToExecuteSQLScript"><Exception Message="Failed to execute SQL statement." Source="Microsoft.BizTalk.Configuration.ManagedConfigFrameworkHelper.SQLHelper" HelpID="StrFailedToExecuteSQL"><Exception Message=" Index #: 0, Message: CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'BizTalkMgmtDb'., Line Number: 1, Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider, Procedure: ." Source=".Net SqlClient Data Provider" HelpID="" /></Exception></Exception></Exception>]

God bless you all :)

Friday, October 16, 2015 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi there, 

1. Yes there is a BTS server and SQL server - they are separate

2. There was a permission error - the admin user XYxxxx.admin I was using has no permission on that database. I checked which user runs the svcbts service and used that user to configure EDI/AS2. Now I'm having another issue - releated to BAM_ DM packagages in SSIS but I know how to deal with that.

Thank you for your help 

Saturday, October 17, 2015 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting on MSDN forum.

Please confirm your Database server and BizTalk Server is on separate servers, if yes have you checked if MSDTC is configered properly? You can use DTCPing and DTCTester,

Please refer below article for help, BizTalk and MSDTC

One more check, do you have admin/full privilege on database to create table, please confirm.

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

Saturday, October 17, 2015 2:02 AM
  • Hi there, 

1. Yes there is a BTS server and SQL server - they are separate

2. There was a permission error - the admin user XYxxxx.admin I was using has no permission on that database. I checked which user runs the svcbts service and used that user to configure EDI/AS2. Now I'm having another issue - releated to BAM_ DM packagages in SSIS but I know how to deal with that.

Thank you for your help 

Saturday, October 17, 2015 7:50 AM
  • Awesome, Thanks for providing feedback.

Please keep posting on MSDN forum if you have any issue.

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

Saturday, October 17, 2015 10:48 AM