Publishing a non-hosted website ??? RRS feed

• Question

• User1627096132 posted

Just wondering, if its at all possible to publish a web project to your laptop or PC? I've tried a few things, but nothing has worked so far.

Basically, its a website that i don't / can't have hosted on the internet. The reason I did this application with web pages is because I perfere the technology, and it would be easier to publish to the internet in the future if indeed, the scope widened to facilitate mulitple users.

I'm getting a bit worried about it now, so hopefully someone might be able to tell me if its possible, and how.

Many thanks,

JL

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:13 AM

All replies

• User300685930 posted

assuming you are using xp pro on your lap top, you can install iis on your lap top and publish there as http://localhost/myapp.  that is what I do for apps I run myself.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:13 AM
  • User1627096132 posted

Only have XP Home Edition.

Come to think of it, on the VS.Net installation disks, is there not an option to install IIS? (I don't have the disks to check, as I got .NET off my college)

If not, is there an option of somehow finding IIS somewhere and installing it? And would I have to install the .NET framework onto my clients laptop (XP Home Ed also) too?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:42 AM