none
usb communication using c# RRS feed

• Question

• hello, 

good morning

in my application i need to communicate with usb using c# in windows forms applications. how to send data to usb and how to receive data from usb. i am using otg protocol.

please help me

Thanks and Regards

Rajani B

• Moved by Eason_H Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:18 AM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:55 AM

Answers

• OTG is a wire protocol to negotiate role, it does not define what your USB function reports in its config descriptor or what protocol you communicate with the function with. You can use winusb if you have a dedicated app and device relationship, otherwise a umdf driver is probably also required. You can't speak to a USB device without a driver installed for the device.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:14 AM

All replies

• For HID protocol you can use 

http://simplehidlibrary.codeplex.com/

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:15 AM
  • Hi Rajani,

You have already posted a same question.http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/24b0299b-6a88-4013-84a6-9e0211a98e43/usb-communication-using-c?forum=csharpgeneral#24b0299b-6a88-4013-84a6-9e0211a98e43

How's it going? Do you have any updates about the previous issue?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:45 AM
  • yah... i posted same question ..but i clearly mentioned that  i need to use otg protocol in my app...

so please help me

Thanks and Regards

Rajnai.B

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:13 AM
  • Hi ,

You can consider posting it in Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development forum for more efficient responses. I will help you move the thread.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:20 AM
  • OTG is a wire protocol to negotiate role, it does not define what your USB function reports in its config descriptor or what protocol you communicate with the function with. You can use winusb if you have a dedicated app and device relationship, otherwise a umdf driver is probably also required. You can't speak to a USB device without a driver installed for the device.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:14 AM