none
how to see all the errors without getting “Maximum number of errors has been exceeded” in .Net RRS feed

• Question

• I am compiling a VB.Net project. It is giving 102 errors. One error among 102 errors is "Maximum number of errors has been exceeded". What I understand from this error is, Visual Studio is not showing all the errors exist in the project. Can anybody let me know how to view all the errors of a project?

Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:48 AM

Answers

• Set the Options to Option Explicit Off, Option Strict Off, Option Compare Binary, and Option Infer On.  Build the project again.  Only the major errors will be listed.  Correct them and then set the Options back to correct the minor errors.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

but why do you bother about getting all the erros at a time? This seems useless to me, because a silly syntax mistake can generate a lot of other errors dependent on that. At one time you will see 100 of errors and after just a single fix you can get all those errors removed. So, I think you should consider the first error to see and its solution. Then proceed step by step  to solve others, you will see that sometimes number of errors automatically gets down if you solve a error.

I hope this may help.

One good question is equivalent to ten best answers.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Set the Options to Option Explicit Off, Option Strict Off, Option Compare Binary, and Option Infer On.  Build the project again.  Only the major errors will be listed.  Correct them and then set the Options back to correct the minor errors.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:53 PM