none
Use of /RTC options in VS2008 and Smart Devices

Question

• I'm trying to make use of the /RTC compiler options in VS 2008 Professional. For my smart device projects, if I add a /RTC1 to the command line, I receive:

1>cl: Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option '/RTC1'

If I create a dummy application for the desktop, the option is selected.  Suggestions how I can enable this run time check, or am I out of luck on mobile devices?

Thanks

Monday, November 16, 2015 3:40 PM

Answers

• Scroll down to the bottom of the page you idiot!  (talking to myself).  I happen to be targeting an ARM device. 

For device compilers, the RTC feature is supported only on x86, and is not exposed as a property setting for Visual C++ device projects in the Visual Studio IDE. However, if you are targeting x86, this option may be set in the IDE in the Additional options pane of the C/C++ Command Line property page.

• Marked as answer by cg11 Monday, November 16, 2015 3:58 PM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 3:58 PM

All replies

• Scroll down to the bottom of the page you idiot!  (talking to myself).  I happen to be targeting an ARM device. 

For device compilers, the RTC feature is supported only on x86, and is not exposed as a property setting for Visual C++ device projects in the Visual Studio IDE. However, if you are targeting x86, this option may be set in the IDE in the Additional options pane of the C/C++ Command Line property page.

• Marked as answer by cg11 Monday, November 16, 2015 3:58 PM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 3:58 PM
  • Hi cg11,

I'm very glad to hear that your issue has been solved and thank you for sharing the solution to us.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:34 AM