none
SharePoint 2013 on Win2012 to SP2016 on Win2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to upgrade SP 2013 compatibility level 15 on Server 2012 R2 Standard to SP2016 on Server 2016 Standard.  The current SQL version is 2012 SP1 standard going to SQL 2016 standard. 

I am running into issues upgrading the search databases because the upgrade is running an online index rebuild that is not enabled in standard edition. I don't remember seeing that this upgrade requires SP2016 to sit on SQL Enterprise Ed. 

Sean

Friday, August 23, 2019 2:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• What patch level are you at on 2013? I recall this problem and I believe it was fixed in a recent CU, though I could be wrong.

Do you have to upgrade the SSA? Have you made significant customization to the schema?

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, August 23, 2019 3:51 PM
  • Hi Trevor is this what yo are looking for?  Configuration database version: 15.0.5047.1000

I just restored the SSA but it required installing a Nov 2017 CU first.  The customizations are minimal.

Sean

Friday, August 23, 2019 6:18 PM
  • I'd suggest updating your source and target farm to the latest CU prior to upgrading.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, August 23, 2019 6:54 PM
  • By modifying the 2016 SS db from Standard to Enterprise all Service Applications upgraded successfully. 

Friday, August 23, 2019 8:50 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Thanks for sharing the solution.

You can mark your latest reply as the answer. It will do great help to those who meet the similar question in this forum.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, August 26, 2019 2:45 AM