none
Using owc11.exe in visual basic .net 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using excel spreadsheet component in my windows application developed in visual studio 2005 using vb.net.

I am using axMicrosoft.office.interop.owc11.axsoreadsheet. To use this i need office 2003 on client machine.

If client have higher version of office (2007/2010 etc) i need to install office 2003 web component on client machine i.e. owc11.exe

after i install that it works fine. But i think now Microsoft has stopped support for owc11.exe so in future what can be done to replace owc11.exe ?? sometimes client dont want to install owc11.exe because MS has soptted support.

h2007

• Moved by Carl Cai Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:10 AM (from vb.net)more related
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>after i install that it works fine. But i think now Microsoft has stopped support for owc11.exe so in future what can be done to replace owc11.exe ?? <<

After researching, I find we can replace OWC Reporting with Excel Services. More details please refer to the link: OWC Reporting with Excel Services.

OWC is a deprecated technology.  It is being phased out, and new features will not be added moving forward – OWC is in a security fix and maintenance mode.

As we known, newer versions of Office "on-line"(Office Web Apps) are basically part of SharePoint server.

Excel Services is a service application that enables you to load, calculate, and display Microsoft Excel workbooks on Microsoft SharePoint 2013.

More details about Excel Services, please refer to: Excel Services Overview

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi h2007,

Since this issue is mainly related to development about office, I have helped you move this thread to General Office Development forum to get supports.

Regards.

Carl

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

>>after i install that it works fine. But i think now Microsoft has stopped support for owc11.exe so in future what can be done to replace owc11.exe ?? <<

After researching, I find we can replace OWC Reporting with Excel Services. More details please refer to the link: OWC Reporting with Excel Services.

OWC is a deprecated technology.  It is being phased out, and new features will not be added moving forward – OWC is in a security fix and maintenance mode.

As we known, newer versions of Office "on-line"(Office Web Apps) are basically part of SharePoint server.

Excel Services is a service application that enables you to load, calculate, and display Microsoft Excel workbooks on Microsoft SharePoint 2013.

More details about Excel Services, please refer to: Excel Services Overview

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:03 AM