aspnet_compiler error (not a valid path) RRS feed

• Question

• I want to run aspnet_compiler to precompile the website, but if the path parameter after -p around with double quotes, error occurs. I make the difference of two commands bold.

aspnet_compiler.exe -v / -p "E:\Projects\WebApplication1\WebApplication1\" "E:\Projects\WebApplication1Deploy\WebApplication1"
    Utility to precompile an ASP.NET application
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

error 1010: 'E:\Projects\WebApplication1\WebApplication1" E:\Projects\WebApplication1\Deploy\WebApplication1' is not a valid path.

aspnet_compiler.exe -v / -p E:\Projects\WebApplication1\WebApplication1\ "E:\Projects\WebApplication1\Deploy\WebApplication1"
    Utility to precompile an ASP.NET application
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

i need quotes in the path as the path includes space chars.

Thanks!

Friday, July 8, 2011 5:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Kymo,

The –p attribute specifies the full network path or local disk path of the root directory that contains the application to be compiled. Where is the path contains your applications? E:\Projects\WebApplication1\WebApplication1\ or E:\Projects\WebApplication1\Deploy\WebApplication1?

You should either have your physical path to be E:\Projects\WebApplication1\WebApplication1\ or E:\Projects\WebApplication1\Deploy\WebApplication1, based on your scenario. However, why you have put these two path together?

See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms229863.aspx 

Thanks,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 8, 2011 8:45 AM