Cannot Use My Own Reserved App Name RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to update an app that was removed from the store. In the Dev Center, the App Overview page for the app says:

"In order to upload an .appx packages for this app, you need to reserve an unique name."

I just want to use the name the app already has, so what am I supposed to do? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Monday, July 24, 2017 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Nathan,

According to the dashboard info, you're not able reserve the app name again as you have reserved it before. So you need to check the previously removed version and make some adjustments and associations.

Another possibility is that someone else holds the trademark or other legal right for the name so the app name is not available to you any more.

The best way is to contact Dev Center support through your developer account so that they can review the specific scenario.

Please submit an incident on that page.  

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:15 AM