Hyperlink shows div tags in DataFormWebPart in text field. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a list where there is text field named Application Name which has been converted into a hyperlink using DataFormWebPart xsl. But somehow the application name appears with some html div tags as a hyperlink. Can someone guide me what could be the problem here?

I am using SPD 2007.

e.g.

<div><font face=Calibri size=2>App Name</font></div>

It should only appear as "App Name" instead.

Monday, July 29, 2013 7:07 AM

Answers

• Finally I have found the reason to this problem. In the data view web part, I needed to add the attribute: disable-output-escaping="yes" in the value-of tag. Also, these fields should either be single line of text or if multi-line, they should be plain text not rich text.
    • Marked as answer by Pulkit Gulati Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:00 PM

All replies

• Can anyone please help? This data was uploaded to Sharepoint list through Excel.
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:19 AM
  • Anyone please help on this. It is quite urgent. I have observed that div tags are visible in the Current Data Source tab "Insert Selected Fields as" section. So it is definitely going to insert these html tags.
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 12:51 PM
  • May be your field type is your solution..

May be it should be rich text type..

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:26 PM
  • But how can I change it to rich text type? I didn't find any option to do that. It only gives single line of text as the option.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:36 AM
  • Finally I have found the reason to this problem. In the data view web part, I needed to add the attribute: disable-output-escaping="yes" in the value-of tag. Also, these fields should either be single line of text or if multi-line, they should be plain text not rich text.
    • Marked as answer by Pulkit Gulati Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:00 PM