none
My WCF Service does not run properly on Windows Server 2016 (without Desktop Experience) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a WCF netpipe service that runs and can be accessed from clients when it is run on Server 2016 (with full Desktop experieince). However, it does not behave properly on Windows Server 2016 (default installation, without a GUI). 

I have installed the .Net Framework role on my Server 2016 box so it should have all that it needs. the only error I can see in the event log is from System.ServiceModel 4.0.0.0 - failed to load type library.

can anyone tell me why this might work when there is a GUI but not when there is none?

Monday, March 6, 2017 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Weebo,

Could you share us detailed error message?

To check whether it is related with GUI, if you install Desktop Experience on the non-worked Server, will it work? And then uninstall the Desktop Experience, will it not work?

I would suggest you enable Configuring Tracing to check detailed error message.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:18 AM
  • Did you check the references in your wcf-server-project(s)?
    Are there references to WPF-, Winforms-DLL ?
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:07 AM