none
The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine RRS feed

• Question

• I know this question has bee asked many times, however i am struggling to find a solution in my case.

i have a 64 bit machine, which is running both visual studio 2010 and sql server 2008 r2

i also have excel 2010 running..... i have tried to install the AccessDatabaseEngine_x64 driver but it complains that my office installation is 32 bit.

i am devloping a bit of script (c#) to open up an excel file and list all worksheets in the excel file. to do this i am using a ACE.OLEDB connection

what i don't understand is that when i run the code in VS 2010 the script runs exactly as planned

however whn i run the script in an SSIS script component in BIDS i get the error

"The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine"

i have checked they are both installed in program files x86, all assembly references

Why does it work in one and not the other, when they are on the same machine?

p.s. i can supply screen shots and error messages if needed

Mike

Monday, February 25, 2013 1:44 PM

Answers

• I would suspect that your SSIS script component in BIDS is running 64-bit.

It works in your VS code because the Platform option is set to x86 (32-bit only).

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Marked as answer by MNBellam Monday, February 25, 2013 2:28 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 2:24 PM

All replies

• I would suspect that your SSIS script component in BIDS is running 64-bit.

It works in your VS code because the Platform option is set to x86 (32-bit only).

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Marked as answer by MNBellam Monday, February 25, 2013 2:28 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 2:24 PM
  • Ok just adjusted the debug options in SSIS the "Runin64BitRuntime" option was set to true

changed that to false... works a treat!

Thanks

Monday, February 25, 2013 2:30 PM