none
Visual Studio Professional 2013 ends with "Setup completed , however not all features installed correctly" RRS feed

• Question

• The message it is giving is

"Not a cryptographic message or the cryptographic message is not formatted correctly"

It then wanted a restart

When I try to open VS2013 ,I get grey splash screen with "Visual Studio 2013 professional" on it

followed by a white splash screen with "visual studio" in purple

On this screen all I can do is click the cross in the top right hand corner

At which point it asks if I'm sure I want to exit visual studio.

I am running on Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

This a virtual pc running from within VMware player v 5.0.2 build 1031769

Please can you tell me what I need to do to get the install working, I am installing from DVD

I have tried the same install on Windows 8 under the same VMware player and it works ok.

I have also tried creating a clean windows 7 sp1 and I get the same errors.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Some version of VM may conflict with VS. What’s the version and the name of your VMWare? Have you updated VM to the latest one?

It is possible that the file got corrupted when copy from the DVD to the VMWare.

I suggest you copy ISO directly to VM. You need to verify the ISO checksum after the copy step. Then run installation from VM.

How to verify:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290/en-us

Also, you can also use web installer to see the results.

If this issue persist, please upload the log file and I will help check it.

Please collect the installation log.

1. Download collect.exe from the link : http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/08/01/4172276.aspx     
    2. You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
    3. The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs      to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.
    4.  Upload the vslogs.cab file on onedrive.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Karenona Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:41 PM
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Some version of VM may conflict with VS. What’s the version and the name of your VMWare? Have you updated VM to the latest one?

It is possible that the file got corrupted when copy from the DVD to the VMWare.

I suggest you copy ISO directly to VM. You need to verify the ISO checksum after the copy step. Then run installation from VM.

How to verify:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290/en-us

Also, you can also use web installer to see the results.

If this issue persist, please upload the log file and I will help check it.

Please collect the installation log.

1. Download collect.exe from the link : http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/08/01/4172276.aspx     
    2. You may choose to save the tool for later use, or to run directly.
    3. The utility creates a compressed cabinet of all the VS and .NET logs      to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab.
    4.  Upload the vslogs.cab file on onedrive.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Karenona Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:41 PM
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 10:00 AM
  • Hi

Thank you for your help

I copied the DVD to the local drive of the virtual PC and it installed successfully first time

Best Regards

Karen

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:41 PM