none
BizTalk Server 2009 : DB2 Adapter Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using BizTalk Server 2009 and DB2 Adapter (MsDb2Client, Host Integration 2009 version 8.0).

I have many applications that uses receive locations with DB2 adapter. The target DB2 machine is an AS400.

I always get the errors: "The adapter "DB2" raised an error message. Details "An operation was attempted on object SYSIBM.SYSPARMS. This operation cannot be performed without the required authority." "Internal network library error." or "The threshold was exceeded". All my receive location using DB2 are shutting down because of this warning.

Is this a known issue?  I’d be most grateful for any advice.  We have a load

balancing configuration with 2 Biztalk severs each running a host for the

adapter.  We also have a multi-AS400 environment and monitor DB2 files on

multiple AS400’s.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:24 AM

All replies

• What version is your iSeries? I've had many problems with V6R1 that actually dealt with on the wire representations. The problems I ran into were intermittent.  There was a series of patches from IBM about it. 

Kind Regards,

-Dan

If this answers your question, please Mark as Answer
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:51 PM
  • Hi Dan,

The version is V8.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:15 PM
  • V8 is the DB2 version right?  What is the iSeries OS version complete with revision.

Kind Regards,

-Dan

If this answers your question, please Mark as Answer
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Sorry!

Here's informations i just have :  mainframe Z/OS not AS/400. The OS is the version 1.9 (we will be on 1.11 in few months).

• Proposed as answer by Imelda -MSFT Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:12 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Imelda -MSFT Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:12 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Hello,

Your question falls into the paid support category which requires a more in-depth level of support.

Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Best Regards, Imelda
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:42 PM