none
beta2: compiling for 64-bit Windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wrote a C# program using the 32-bit beta2 SDK. I'd like the program to be able to run on 64-bit Windows. How can I do this? Can I do it with beta2 or do I need to upgrade to the new SDK?

thanks,

Michael

Monday, March 5, 2012 8:38 PM

Answers

• if you are on a 64-bit machine, you will need to install the 64-bit Beta 2 SDK or update to the 1.0 SDK.
    Monday, March 5, 2012 10:31 PM
  • To compile in 64-bits goto build menu-> configuration manager and add 64-bit but any cpu would be better to the list in the form that pops up.

This is how to set up the project to be compiled in 64-bit if you having it working in 32-bit and are just recompiling in 64-bit but must compile in 64-bit on the 64-bit computer.

You should need to install the 64-bit version of beta 2 on the 64-bit computer and then recompile for 64-bit on that computer.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:13 PM

All replies

• if you are on a 64-bit machine, you will need to install the 64-bit Beta 2 SDK or update to the 1.0 SDK.
    Monday, March 5, 2012 10:31 PM
  • To compile in 64-bits goto build menu-> configuration manager and add 64-bit but any cpu would be better to the list in the form that pops up.

This is how to set up the project to be compiled in 64-bit if you having it working in 32-bit and are just recompiling in 64-bit but must compile in 64-bit on the 64-bit computer.

You should need to install the 64-bit version of beta 2 on the 64-bit computer and then recompile for 64-bit on that computer.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Monday, March 5, 2012 11:13 PM