can i add jquery on ma windows forms RRS feed

• Question

• how can add jquery on my windows forms
    Monday, May 27, 2013 4:45 PM

Answers

• jquery is a HTML markup in a browser, It's not just HTMl, it's HTML and JavaScript

so as per my knowledge , answer is NO

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:03 PM
  • Jquery cannot be used in winforms. It is concept related to HTML and web technologies. You cannot use or refer it in the winforms.

You can use Application.EnableVisualStyles();

This method enables visual styles for the application. Controls will draw with visual styles if the control and the operating system support it. To have an effect, EnableVisualStyles() must be called before creating any controls in the application; typically, EnableVisualStyles() is the first line in the Main function. A separate manifest is not required to enable visual styles when calling EnableVisualStyles().

Mark as answer if this solves your problem. ... Best Regards D. Chatterjee MCA, RERF

• Marked as answer by Bob Shen Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:51 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2013 5:18 PM
  • jquery is a HTML markup in a browser, It's not just HTMl, it's HTML and JavaScript

HTML is a markup language that uses CSS for its styling and Scripts such as Javascript and VBScript for its browser side functionalities.

JQuery is a library written on JavaScript.

Windows Form apps can use .Net based languages like VB.NET or C# or C++ as its programming language.

WebBrowser control can be hosted within Windows Forms, which can make use of JQuery. But it is still a works in Browser (WebBrowser) control only. It can not access other controls placed in the Windows Forms.

Muthukrishnan Ramasamy
    net4.rmkrishnan.net
    Use only what you need, Reduce global warming

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:20 PM

All replies

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:03 PM
  • Jquery cannot be used in winforms. It is concept related to HTML and web technologies. You cannot use or refer it in the winforms.

You can use Application.EnableVisualStyles();

This method enables visual styles for the application. Controls will draw with visual styles if the control and the operating system support it. To have an effect, EnableVisualStyles() must be called before creating any controls in the application; typically, EnableVisualStyles() is the first line in the Main function. A separate manifest is not required to enable visual styles when calling EnableVisualStyles().

Mark as answer if this solves your problem. ... Best Regards D. Chatterjee MCA, RERF

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:18 PM

HTML is a markup language that uses CSS for its styling and Scripts such as Javascript and VBScript for its browser side functionalities.

JQuery is a library written on JavaScript.

Windows Form apps can use .Net based languages like VB.NET or C# or C++ as its programming language.

WebBrowser control can be hosted within Windows Forms, which can make use of JQuery. But it is still a works in Browser (WebBrowser) control only. It can not access other controls placed in the Windows Forms.

Muthukrishnan Ramasamy
    net4.rmkrishnan.net
    Use only what you need, Reduce global warming

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:20 PM