• Hi, I'm creating a class that uses a Point, but it throws this error:

When I try to add an assembly reference I get:

Help!

Monday, April 15, 2019 6:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Zetar,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

The Point structure is a part of the System.Drawing namespace. Please go to the tab 'Solution Explorer' - right click on 'References' and select 'Add Reference' - type in the search bar 'System.Drawing' - Double click in the results found and click the button 'OK'. Now, in your code, where the other using statements are declared, add the following line:

using System.Drawing;

Hope it would be helpful, please feel free to let me know if it works to you J

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:45 AM
  • The problem, as you can see from the screen image that I posted, is that there is nothing appearing in Visual Studio under Framework Extensions. That's the problem. I KNOW that Point is in System.Windows.Drawing
    Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:56 PM
  • Hi Zetar,

Namespace : System.drawing is basis on the target of .net framework, not available for .net standard. Please check your target framework J.

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:32 AM
  • How do you set up Visual Studio so that assembly references Net Framework?
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:48 AM
  • Hi Zetar,

What’s project type your chose in C#? please look at the following snapshot I shared, you can choose one of them that be signed to “net framework” as your C# project type to develop.

At the same time, in order to let you have a better understanding of the differences between them, I am here to share an article about the relationship between them, please refer to: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/7035edc6-97fc-49ee-8eee-2fa4d040a63b/what-are-differences-between-net-framwork-net-standard-and-net-core?forum=clr

May

• Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFTModerator Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zetar Thursday, April 18, 2019 11:43 AM
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:12 AM