none
Price for Using Cloudyn RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are an EA customer that is interested in using Cloudyn to track and optimize Azure spend.

I heard rumors that Cloudyn will no longer be a free service and start to cost 1% of all Azure spend.

Is this true?

If so...

How long will EA customers be able to use Cloudyn without getting charged?

Would customers be billed for Cloudyn based on usage or if they have an active account?

Please let me know.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Erikpasta,

Thanks for your interest in Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn and for asking us this question.

According to the article on Cloudyn pricing at: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/cost-management

The basic features of Cloudyn are free for Azure customers. Cloudyn only costs 1% of your cloud spend to use with AWS or Google. There will be some premium features of Cloudyn that will be a charge for Azure customers in the future, but these features are still free during the preview.

Please see the article for complete details.

- Micah Adamson

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:25 PM
  • Hi,

As per information given, Cloudyn is free for Azure customers, so when recently I got a mail from Microsoft with below subject and description, I didn't get exactly what this mail meant?  Am I charged for using Cloudyn or its my Actual Azure usage cost details? This may sound silly but just want to be 100% sure about Cloudyn pricing..

Subject : "Your amortized cost for the last 7 day(s) is $205 (All Accounts,All Services)"

$205

Your amortized cost for the last 7 day(s) is $205 (All Accounts,All Services). Out of the calculated cost $205 is usage cost and $0 is amortized reservation one-time fees.

• Edited by Mkp27 Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:13 AM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 6:29 AM
  • Hello mkp27,

Thank you for using Cloudyn. Per the description you've provided, it sounds like you're looking at cost reports which would be of Azure costs, not Cloudyn charges. For Azure users, the features are still currently free and updates to this can be found here:  https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/cost-management

- Ben

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:59 PM
    Owner
  • Yes correct.  Thanks...
    Wednesday, August 8, 2018 5:05 AM
  • Hi Mkp27,

Thank you for confirming. You should be all set but let us know if you have further questions.

- Ben

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:35 PM
    Owner
  • Hi, As mentioned the Premium capabilities will be charge for Azure customer ?

Would customers be billed for Cloudyn based on usage or if they have an active account? is it monthly basis?

Please let me know.

Thanks &regards,

Siti Raha M.I

Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:37 PM
  • Hello Sita,

All features of Cloudyn are free to monitory Azure. The only charge is if they also connect an AWS or Google account to monitor with Cloudyn.

- Micah

Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:02 PM