looping a timeline RRS feed

• Question

• This question should be pretty simple. But I've so far been unable to find the answer in blend or on the web.

I have created a slideshow in Expression Blend by adding images to the canvas and then individually adjusting the alpha values for each image at various stages on the timeline.

Now i just want the slideshow to repeat. Should be simple. The help in Blend indicates that I can right click one of the animations in the Objects and Timeline window (in my case, the fading out or fading in of an image) and select "edit repeat count". But doing this only repeats that animation. I want to just repeat the entire timeline!

I've had no luck searching on the web.

How can I do this in Blend? Or is there just a simple way to set this in the xaml file.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Monday, October 29, 2007 4:23 PM

Answers

• I think what you want is to set RepeatBehavior="Forever" on your Storyboard element. If this doesn't give you the results you're looking for, please elaborate.

Monday, October 29, 2007 4:33 PM

All replies

• I think what you want is to set RepeatBehavior="Forever" on your Storyboard element. If this doesn't give you the results you're looking for, please elaborate.

Monday, October 29, 2007 4:33 PM
  • Bingo!

That did it. I'm surprised there is not an obvious way to set this from within Blend.

Many thaks for your helpful reply.

Monday, October 29, 2007 6:04 PM
  • Also, there is an overview on Silverlight animations that go over basic animation techniques including the one in this post. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb412382.aspx

Note that this article doesn't discuss how to do this in Blend, it's just about XAML but it's a good place to go when you get stuck.

I also agree that there should eventually be a way to do this from the Blend UI.

Friday, November 16, 2007 4:13 PM
  • It is also available within Blend 2 Sept. Preview.

Select the animation that you want to loop forever, from the Objects and Timeline (remember: to see the properties of the storyboard you also have to click on the storyboard name) , In the properties tab you will see the RepeatBehaviour (under common Properties tab) the default value could be 1x, replace it with "Forever" (without quote marks ofcourse) and there you go.

Monday, November 19, 2007 8:14 PM