Preparing AD Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

Trying to install Exchange 2019 for the first time as we are 100% Office365.

running the following command 
    E:\Setup.exe /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareAD /TenantOrganizationConfig C:\Temp\MyTenantOrganizationConfig.XML /OrganizationName:"xxxxxxxxxxxx"

It errors out when i open the lfif.err file i get the below error

Entry DN: CN=ms-Exch-Hide-From-Address-Lists,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=xxxxxxx,DC=xxxxxxxx,DC=com,DC=au
    Add error on entry starting on line 123: Unwilling To Perform

The server side error is: 0x20be Schema update failed: duplicate LDAP display name.

The extended server error is:

000020BE: SvcErr: DSID-0326036D, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 8382

Im logged in as a Schema and Enterprise Admin user. 
    I go to the Schema and found the above attribute and try to defunct the attribute i get the below error
    "Cannot make this schema object defunct
    the Schema object may be in use as part of the definition of another schema object Or, schema may not be allowed on this computer."

I have added the Registry edit to allow this machine to edit the schema. 
    Scratching my head with this one, anyone got any ideas?

Regards,
    Ben

Thursday, October 8, 2020 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,Ben.

Have you tried renaming the attribute?

Please make sure to backup before performing any changes to the schema.

In addition,please note that previous Exchange forums on TechNet have been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A and this forum is for Exchange Server Development only.

It is highly recommended to ask your question there so that there is more chance to get helpful suggestions or answers.

Regards,

Kael Yao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 9, 2020 9:06 AM
  • Hey Kael,

Thanks for the reply.
    How do i rename the Attribute? 

Regards,
    Ben

Monday, October 12, 2020 1:15 AM
  • Hi Ben,

Please use ADSI edit and see if it can be renamed.

In addition,please note that previous Exchange forums on TechNet have been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A and this forum is for Exchange Server Development only.

It is highly recommended to ask your question there so that there is more chance to get helpful suggestions or answers.

Regards,

Kael Yao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 12, 2020 9:44 AM