none
Memory problems , please help RRS feed

• Question

• hello i have some problems

REPO CASE -----
    when i create a new empty project for windows phone , and just print out on the screen "hello world"

it take up 14 megabyte of memory -------------->

i think it is the background agents that take up this memory ,

and now i my game , when i start i and you reach to the menu, i have used around 20 megabyte

and i load in the game data and dispose the menu stuff , it take up 113 megabyte

and when i run the marketplace test kit it fail the process by the memory

course we have exeed the 90 megabyte limit - the default start up memory 15 megabyte

wicth leve us with 75 megabyte to do our game

my ? is is possible to get certified our game with this memory use of 113 megabyte

i use this to profile memory

DeviceStatus

.ApplicationCurrentMemoryUsage

and give the same result as the marketplace test kit

can somone please help

Michael

it has come to me i have read on this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpdevelop/thread/f357f74a-7a80-4d68-a644-ff7a4ea7cb6e#9986f4a1-d227-4170-8024-3a42eedefd0f

and there is still a dell phone with 256 megabyte of memory

so it was the end of this little game

allso i have read this

5.2.5 Memory Consumption

An application must not exceed 90 MB of RAM usage, except on devices that have more than 256 MB of memory.

You can use the DeviceExtendedProperties and DeviceStatus classes to query the amount of memory that your application is using, and to adjust behavior based upon the memory available on the device.

For additional guidance on targeting 256-MB devices, see Developing for 256-MB Devices.

so the old 2010 phone dell pro kikked the game

thank you

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:27 PM