Reworking an Installer

Question

• What needs to be done to an installer to sensibly install a complex set of applications?

I've just installed our product and ended up with 30 odd executables on the Metro Interface with all the help and documents missing. This will be a little over-whelming and confusing for most users.

Some links to guidance and  best practice would be very helpful.

Thanks Damian

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:59 PM

Answers

• This preview is for developers and most of the apps are sample apps to demonstrate the platform and help developers to start developing their new application. They are not supposed for the end users.

The out-of-box state will be different in the final version. Do not make any assumptions from the preview in this case.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:19 PM

All replies

• This preview is for developers and most of the apps are sample apps to demonstrate the platform and help developers to start developing their new application. They are not supposed for the end users.

The out-of-box state will be different in the final version. Do not make any assumptions from the preview in this case.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:19 PM
  • I do hope that they do make a change.

I would like to see a folder like structure which mimics the entries in the Start Programs menu. Being able to load documents (PDF/Word/CHM) via this interface is a must. 
    Friday, September 16, 2011 1:30 PM