Asset Library gone missing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a fairly complex Silverlight 2 project which is has suddenly stopped working properly in Blend.  The Asset Library no longer includes any controls from my own projects.  The project builds fine in VS2008 and runs as expected in a browser.  However, in Blend I have several issues with it, especially the less than useful asset library.

I have tried to delete temp files, including under ...\Settings\tkeeler\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\... to no avail.  In other projects the asset library works as expected.  How can I force Blend to update so I get these other UI Elements back?

Thanks for any help.

rtr0mdrn
    Friday, January 23, 2009 8:59 PM

Answers

• Another idea.... We are using the December bug fix build of the data grid as well as some other updates.  However I see in my \Program..\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight... directories that the old System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll is still there.  Does the Blend build use the locally referenced assemblies or does it always pull in from the SDK?  This may be contributing to our problems with Blend.  Should I just overwrite the assemblies in the sdk or can that cause issues?  The installer merely unzips the assemblies.

rtr0mdrn
    • Marked as answer by rtr0mdrn Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:58 PM

All replies

• I don't think the Asset library has anything to do with files in your temporary folders, sorry for the trouble!

The best way for us to debug this issue would be get a repro - anyway you can reproduce this outside your project, or you could share your project? If you can't share it publicly, you can email it to me at unnir at microsoft dot com.

Thanks,
    unni

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:39 AM
  • Unni, can you tell me where the "build projects" output goes in Blend?  The solution won't build in Blend, but we've tried to build it from there before, so I'm thinking that Blend is trying to load out-of-date and incomplete assemblies that it has cached rather than loading the latest from VS 2008.  I would like to give that a try.

Thanks!

rtr0mdrn
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:35 PM
  • Another idea.... We are using the December bug fix build of the data grid as well as some other updates.  However I see in my \Program..\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight... directories that the old System.Windows.Controls.Data.dll is still there.  Does the Blend build use the locally referenced assemblies or does it always pull in from the SDK?  This may be contributing to our problems with Blend.  Should I just overwrite the assemblies in the sdk or can that cause issues?  The installer merely unzips the assemblies.

rtr0mdrn
    • Marked as answer by rtr0mdrn Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:58 PM
  • I went ahead and did the last thing - updating the SDK assemblies to match the ones in my solution - and this appears to have resolved part of our Blend issues.  The asset library is now re-populated with our custom controls.  The solution still won't build from Blend, mind you, but this at present is not causing us as many problems.
    rtr0mdrn
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:15 PM