Lookup column & sum values RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

I have List1 with seminars and its duration in days.

List2 has Lookup column with multiple values connected to List1. Also, I add a column to show duration from List1.

As a result I get duration for each of selected seminars in string with delimiters. 

But I would like to get the sum of each string (total duration of all selected seminars).

Do you have an idea how to get the sum rather than separate values? Thank you!

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 11:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Superaskin,

This can be achieved in 2 ways, 

1. Out of the box, follow the below article to get the totals OOB 
      https://chanakyajayabalan.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/summing-calculated-columns-in-group-by-in-sharepoint-list-dataview-webpart/
    2. Dataview webpart (this require little development knowledge though) 
      https://chanakyajayabalan.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/summing-calculated-columns-in-group-by-in-sharepoint-list-dataview-webpart/

Do let me know if you still need any help in this regard.

Enjoy the SharePoint !!

Best Regards,
    Krishna

If this Post helps you, then please don't forget to mark it answer or Vote for this post.
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:56 PM
  • Hi Superaskin,

As a workaround, you can SharePoint 2013 workflow to split the duration field which associated with seminars selection, and use loop to sum the duration.

Here is a similar post for your reference:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/97d34468-1b53-4741-88b0-958472f8ca9a/sharepoint-designer-2013-extracting-values-from-a-multivalue-enabled-lookup-column-into-a?forum=sharepointcustomization

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Superaskin Friday, August 16, 2019 12:55 PM
    Friday, August 9, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Hi Krishna, I was unable to post screenshots earlier.

I have List1 with seminars and its duration in days.

List2 has Lookup column with multiple values connected to List1. Also, I add a column to show duration from List1.

As a result I get duration for each of selected seminars in string with delimiters. 

But I would like to get the sum of each string (total duration of all selected seminars).

Moreover, this additional field with delimiters (1; 1; 4) is not part of list, and I can't use this column in formulas.

Friday, August 9, 2019 2:57 PM
  • Hi Grace,

Good post, I will try. But how to use additional column (with duration)? I can't choose this column and use it, it looks like "hidden" for any operations. I also can't create column which will just copying this column.

Friday, August 9, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Hi Superaskin,

Lookup column additional fields can only be retrieve in SharePoint 2010 workflow platform, I recommend you use a new SharePoint 2010 workflow to copy the filed value in a new column, then use a SharePoint 2013 workflow to split the new column and loop the value.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, August 12, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Hi Superaskin,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Friday, August 16, 2019 8:49 AM