IE7 - Menus are Scrolling with Page RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently having a compatibility problem that is only occurring in IE7 but not in Firefox, Chrome, or other versions of IE.

Website link: http://www.tttechnologies.com/

What happens is that the menu on the top of the page ("About", "Job Stories", etc.) and the sub-menu on the Products pages ("Overview," "Models," ...) act as if they're fixed on the page, so they follow you down the page when you scroll downwards. This is NOT supposed to happen. The menus are supposed to stay exactly where they're positioned when the page loads. 

Changing the menu's positions to fixed does nothing. They can't be set to absolute either or they'll mess up the rest of the layout. The images are all pngs, some of which png-24, and the menus were created using Dreamweaver's Spry Assets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:44 PM

Answers

• the menus were created using Dreamweaver's Spry Assets.

Thats a good place to start. So which version are you using? Does it (Spry) have any known issues? (surely you would think that software hobbled together by Adobe on MAC's would be bug free on Wintels using IE7 and higher... I think not... Which version of DW are you using....  the last time I looked CS5 used the CDN links for Spry.... ensuring that the latest version is always used.)

You may do better at the Adobe support forums.

Actually... you are not using Spry (at least my feature tests don't detect it). You are using jQuery v 1.4.2... the latest version is 1.4.4.... I see the google CDN has not been updated yet.

looks like you've fixed it yourself (by getting rid of Spry... ha ha...told you so). I can't reproduce your issue.

Rob^_^
    Friday, January 7, 2011 4:19 AM