coded UI automation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

While running coded UI test case, I am getting JavaScript error.

'setDialogOverrides' is undefined.

I am not getting any idea where is this coming from. I am new for coded UI. Could some one help me on it?

Thanks

chatanya

Thursday, July 3, 2014 5:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Chatanya,

Does the JavaScript error occur as part of the coded UI test or from a website being tested? I have not seen a coded UI test with JavaScript as part of the source code before so this seems a little odd.

Are you able to debug your coded UI to find the line of code which runs before the JavaScript error occurs?

Thanks,

Friday, July 4, 2014 8:47 AM
  • Hi Chatanya,

About your issue, I would like to know if it has been solved. If it still has not been solved, please tell us more detail information such as what did you do operation in Coded UI Test before the issue happening?

>>'setDialogOverrides' is undefined

Generally the error would be related to the web app like JS file loaded or others, so to make sure that whether it is your test project or the App UI issue, could you debug/run your web project well if it is your custom local project?

If your UI project still has this issue, I guess it may be the web development issue, you’d better discuss this issue with your team members or you could post this issue to the ASP.NET development forum.

If you make sure that your app works well, I mean that just the coded UI test has this issue, as Dominic’s suggestion, please debug your test project, and make sure that which line code generated this issue, maybe you could get more useful information.

If it is an official web site you were testing, maybe you could tell us the site URL, we will test it in our side. Please also share us the detailed steps if we repro it.

Thanks,

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Chatanya,

Does the JavaScript error occur as part of the coded UI test or from a website being tested? I have not seen a coded UI test with JavaScript as part of the source code before so this seems a little odd.

Are you able to debug your coded UI to find the line of code which runs before the JavaScript error occurs?

Thanks,

Friday, July 4, 2014 8:47 AM
  • Hi Chatanya,

About your issue, I would like to know if it has been solved. If it still has not been solved, please tell us more detail information such as what did you do operation in Coded UI Test before the issue happening?

>>'setDialogOverrides' is undefined

Generally the error would be related to the web app like JS file loaded or others, so to make sure that whether it is your test project or the App UI issue, could you debug/run your web project well if it is your custom local project?

If your UI project still has this issue, I guess it may be the web development issue, you’d better discuss this issue with your team members or you could post this issue to the ASP.NET development forum.

If you make sure that your app works well, I mean that just the coded UI test has this issue, as Dominic’s suggestion, please debug your test project, and make sure that which line code generated this issue, maybe you could get more useful information.

If it is an official web site you were testing, maybe you could tell us the site URL, we will test it in our side. Please also share us the detailed steps if we repro it.

Thanks,

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:34 AM