Duration not adding up RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

This is my first time using Microsoft Project, and I'm working on a grad school project. I need to produce a basic network diagram for a public health intervention starting Sept. 1, 2017. However, when I put 30 days in as the duration for the first task, the end date shows up as 9/11/2017. If I change the end date to 9/30, the duration automatically switches to 88.5 days. 

What am I doing wrong? I changed to a 24 hour calendar because I want to include weekends. I have 8 hours per day, 56 hours a week, and 30 days a month in settings. 

Thanks!
    Kate 

Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Kate,

you are using 24hour calendar, this will also include the nights and is in conflict with your settings in File - Options - Schedule. 30days are 240hours. Working day and night, it is done in 10days.

I suggest to create a new calendar based on Standard and set weekends to working days:

Project - Change Working Time - Create New Calendar.
    Enter a name and use copy from "Standard".

Yor new calendar will be selected automatically. In the bottom, open tab "Work Weeks". Select "[Default]" and click on Details.
    Select Saturday and Sunday using CTRL-key. Select option "Set day(s) to these specific ..." and enter working time. Close all dialogs.

Use now this new calendar and you should be fine.

Hope that helps?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:27 PM